Oracle RDBMS PatchSet version 126.96.36.199 is available to download since 23-SEP-2011! some time earlier than OOW2011
But(as of 28-SEP-2011) it’s still available only for Linux x86 and Linux x86-64.
Based on NOTE:742060.1 Release Schedule of Current Database Releases:
- 188.8.131.52 will be available for other major Unix/Linux platforms(HP-UX Itanium, Oracle Solaris SPARC (64-bit), Oracle Solaris x86-64 (64-bit), IBM AIX on POWER Systems) during the October 2011, perhaps during Oracle Open World 2011 or after it
- for the rest popular platforms, like Microsoft Windows (32-bit) and Microsoft Windows x64 (64-bit), and not so popular like IBM Linux on System z, the release date is scheduled for Q4 2011
- for HP-UX PA-RISC (64-bit) is will be available during 1Q 2011
Quite interesting fact from the same NOTE:742060.1: “for HP-UX PA-RISC (64-bit) there is a note like this one 11.2 will be the last release on HP-UX PA-RISC“, but there are NO SUCH NOTE for HP-UX Itanium…
To download – use Patch number is 10404530. The size of patchset is about 5.0GB(+300MB to 184.108.40.206 – more clever or more bugs ? ;)). Keep in mind that starting from 220.127.116.11 Oracle provides patchsets as a full installation packages with Out-Of-Place upgrade feature.
PS. useful links:
- direct download link on MOS(PATCH:10404530), README
- 742060.1 Release Schedule of Current Database Releases
- 880782.1 ALERT: Oracle 11g Release 2 (11.2) Support Status and Alerts
- 1348303.1 18.104.22.168 Patch Set – List of Bug Fixes by Problem Type
- 1348336.1 22.214.171.124 Patch Set – Availability and Known Issues
- 756671.1 Oracle Recommended Patches — Oracle Database
- 1392633.1 Things to Consider Before Upgrading to 126.96.36.199 to Avoid Poor Performance or Wrong Results
- 1320966.1 Things to Consider Before Upgrading to 188.8.131.52 to Avoid Poor Performance or Wrong Results
- 1061295.1 Patch Set Updates – One-off Patch Conflict Resolution
- 837570.1 Complete Checklist for Manual Upgrades to 11gR2
- 785351.1 Oracle 11gR2 Upgrade Companion
- 1152016.1 Master Note For Oracle Database Upgrades and Migrations
- Oracle Database 11g Release 2 (184.108.40.206) New Features
PS2. more facts:
- 220.127.116.11 includes all fixes from the 18.104.22.168.3 Patch Set Update (which includes CPUJUL2011).
- 22.214.171.124 for Oracle Solaris SPARC (64-bit) will include support to use Exadata Storage Cells – it’s required for Oracle SPARC SuperCluster T4-4, but
- “Oracle Database 11g Release 2 (126.96.36.199) Patch Set 2 Currently not supported on Exadata” – based on information from NOTE:888828.1 Database Machine and Exadata Storage Server 11g Release 2 (11.2) Supported Versions, but for SAGE(Storage Application for the Grid Environment) there already reserved release numbers 12.1.x, like for Enterprise Manager 12c, so may be SAGE will later go to 188.8.131.52 or even to 12.1 ?
UPDATE1: since 1-OCT-2011 184.108.40.206 is additionally available for Solaris.SPARC(32-bit), Solaris.SPARC(64-bit), Solaris.x86-64(64-bit), Solaris.x86(32-bit)
UPDATE2: since 29-OCT-2011 220.127.116.11 is additionally available for HP-UX PA-RISC (64-bit), HP-UX PA-RISC (32-bit), IBM AIX on POWER Systems(64-bit), IBM AIX on POWER Systems(32bit)
UPDATE3: since 11-NOV-2011 18.104.22.168 is additionally available for Microsoft Windows(32-bit) and Microsoft Windows x64(64-bit)
UPDATE4: since 04-JAN-2012 22.214.171.124 is available for Exadata(NOTE:1373255.1)