Quite interesting reference project for Oracle Exadata completed a year ago.
- improved data warehouse performance by 8X
- replaced 36 Teradata racks with just three Oracle Exadata racks
- 150% increase in storage capacity
- reduced operational costs by more than half
- accelerated analysis of billions of call records by more than 300%(“it was taking us 25 hours to analyze the data log each day”)
- electricity saving by 9.68x at peak load (Based upon publicly available data sheets, 36 Teradata 2650 consume 255.6kW of electricity compared to 26.4kW for three full-rack Exadata Database Machines).
To read more, go to http://oracle.com/SaveThePlanet
PS. numbers really look AMAZING, but what is more interesting – how is this customer now ? 😉